At the same time you make a social contribution with the trip: By learning the traditional craft of felting women, you support their entrepreneurship. We offer you an exclusive insight into the culture, the nomadic way of life and the traditions of the Kyrgyz population. You will learn different techniques from the felting masters. Enjoy nature and experience a time that you will never forget.
Some highlights on this trip:
- You will learn a traditional Kyrgyz handicraft while felting in the women’s cooperations.
- Hiking in mountain valleys with wild rivers and waterfalls.
- Wonderful landscapes with green plateaus, snow mountains and shining lakes.
- Insight into the original way of life of nomad families.
- Relax at the idyllic mountain lake Son Kol.
- 4 nights in a hotel in a double room, 4 nights in Yurten (4 people),
4 nights in a simple guesthouse or in a double room with locals
- Meals during the tour (12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 11 dinners), excluding alcoholic beverages
- All overland trips and transfers
- Visits to cultural / historical sites and entrance fees
- German and English speaking local tour guide
- The following felting courses are available:
- Small carpet (Shyrdak), 0.6 mx 0.4 m or around 0.5 m in diameter
- Seat cushion (Alakiyz method), 0.4 mx 0.4 m
- Felt animal
- Felt slippers
- Silk / felt scarf
- Horse rental at Son Kol and Djety Oguz (CHF 10.- for 2-3 hours)
- Personal expenses
- Activities outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance
- Flight ticket (from CHF 400.-)
- Dinner on the 11th day, lunch on the 12th day
Location: Bishkek, Central Asia
Duration: 12 days
Transport: Plane, bus, tax
Accommodation: Hotel, simple inns, family accommodation, yurt settlements
Participants: 6 – 8 people
Type of trip: Adventure trip, felt trip, cultural trip
- June 3, 2018 – June 14, 2018
- August 5, 2018 – August 16, 2018